 |
| I was very confused the first time I saw this one. It took me a while to realize it was forbidding beachgoers (and people in general) to walk around downtown shirtless. I thought it was part of the city's efforts against jaunty dancing in public. |
|
|
 |
| Okay, so technically this isn't a sign, but I thought it was hilarious nonetheless. Printemps, this classy store, put off-brand peanut butter, pancake mix, and maple syrup in its window display, presumably to make the Americans here for the film festival feel welcome. Later I walked by and they had changed the display to include off-brand Caesar croutons and dressing. Yum? |
 |
| By the entrance to a hotel's parking garage. The French means "Ring the bell and state your name and room number." Pas pareil. |
 |
At the fish market in Trouville, which is so close it might as well be the same city as Deauville. "Dwarf badger with hard fur." ?????? My aunt suggested it might be a hedgehog. I'm unsure.
Also in Trouville. I'll tell you what's unacceptable: This sign! That didn't stop me from taking a photo, though.
BON WEEKEND! |
Oh les francais....comme ils me manquent...
ReplyDelete