Thursday, February 24, 2011

Shaving Cream and Odds and Ends

Someone was kind enough to remind me today that I have been neglectful in my blogging, and since I'm leaving tomorrow evening to begin my trek to ESPANA to see the lovely Molly and Alejandro I thought I'd take the hint lest my blog die of neglect.  

1) The title:  Katherine bought shaving cream the other day so that we could channel our youth by spraying it on the table and drawing in it.  I won't tell you how long we spent this evening drawing where we're going on vacation, our patronuses, various animals, men with beards, our names, strange shapes...but it was fun.  


2) I have an amoureux.  Lalou, one of my favorite 1st graders (the one who I've been helping illustrate his book) ran up to me at lunch recess today and gave me a big hug, and then at afternoon recess hugged me around my leg and told me I was his amoureuse, or girlfriend.  I said oh? but you don't argue with Lalou because he's pretty sassy.  Our love affair has thus far consisted of us dancing around holding hands and of him sharing his snack with me (he insisted), except for his chocolate milk because he told me he didn't want to get my microbes.  I'm not his only girlfriend, though--he later informed his married teacher that she was his amoureuse, too.  We should probably make a club.

3) I have a sore throat and an earache.  I think it's just from a cold, but the timing's not very good.  I don't have a fever, so I'm not particularly concerned, but it's still annoying and kind of painful.  I don't feel like taking the time to go to the doctor so instead I went to the pharmacy, a delightful little place in France where you walk in, tell them your symptoms, and they give you drugs.  This isn't too different from the US, because here they give you the drugs that you can just pluck off the shelves in the US.  Anyway, I am now going to bank on some unknown pills and lozenges to cure me.  Let's keep our figners crossed, because I want to be able to enjoy Spain!

Talk to you in a few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog. I'm glad it hasn't died of neglect. And your amoureux story made me snicker inappropriately in the otherwise quiet and serious library where I am currently situated.

    Have fun in Spain :)

    ReplyDelete