I've heard people make all sorts of comments about the alleged French paradox. Some attribute it to the consumption of appropriate portions, others to the less sedentary lifestyle, but something that I never hear mentioned is the clarity of the nutrition facts on French food packages. That's because they are completely useless, if they even exist at all. For example, your 30 g Kinder Bueno bar tells you how many calories there are in 100g of the product...but not 30. Or take the seafood spread I had on pita bread tonight at Felix's house. The ingredients for both products were listed, but there were no nutrition facts to be found. Go figure.
Speaking of Nutrition, I always thought the surgeon general's warnings scrolling across the bottom of the screen for junk food commercials was funny..."too much snacking is bad for your health", "be sure to exercise regularly", etc. Maybe it's all that subliminal messaging...
ReplyDelete