Friday, June 10, 2011

A mon pays

I was reminded today in class by Marin that I had forgotten to transmit a message from him.  Here's the story:  I was leaving the area where we had the D-Day picnic on Monday when I heard Marin yell "Dis merci à ton pays!" (Say thanks to your country!) at me.  He can be rather precocious at times (and not always in the best ways) so at first I thought he was just being cute, but then I realized that Lydia had told him to say that to me.  Still, I thought it was sweet that they would ask me to tell my country thanks for liberating them.  I had totally forgotten about this story until today in class when Marin asked me if I had thanked my country yet.  I'm not sure how he expected me to be able to reach every US citizen, but here's my attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment