(Oh wait, I haven't shared my big news yet: I have a job! I've been hired by my old elementary/middle school to teach Spanish to the K-4th graders and French to the 5th-8th graders. Very exciting!)
Anyway, while I will certainly miss the pastries, the cheeses, the wine, the moules...as well as being surrounded by French, being a 5 minute walk from the beach, the markets, etc. I know that what I will miss the most when I leave here will be the people, and particularly my students. I've already had to say goodbye to a few who have left on vacation and it's been hard knowing that I won't ever see them again or even that I won't know who they become as they grow up.
All of this sentimental blah blah is to say that today I went on a field trip with the GS classes (kindergarten) and I was very glad to be able to spend some quality time with the two classes that I've grown the closest to this year. We went to Caen to visit the Jardin Botanique and the Colline des Oiseaux, the latter of which is a landfill that was turned into a park, complete with an enormous rose garden and a labyrinth (definitely a hit with the students). I was in charge of 3 students, Charlotte, Aymeric, and Lea. We had a great time searching for the objects ranging from plants to wells to fences with interesting patterns that the two maitresses had taken photos of and distributed to us as a sort of scavenger hunt. All in all, an excellent (if a bit tiring) day.
| My cute group: Charlotte, Aymeric, and Lea |
| Yay! We found photo #9! |
| We're big kids in the grande section (literally, big section), but not so big that we don't sometimes suck our thumb. |
| Eva loves explaining things to the class. Aaaaand jumping on the stairs... |
| Hoani inspects the cacti |
| Enzo (birthday boy--6 today!) is eating sandwiches that are as big as him. The bread is normal sized--it's just him that's tiny. |
| Friends. |
| Lea J inspects a rose. |
| Matteo and Lea sniff the rose |
| Clemence |
| My buddy Louis (or Lou Lou, as he sometimes calls himself) in the maze |
| Petting the donkey |
| Charlotte, la coquine. |
I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR NEW JOB!!!!! That's really great, Erin!! I hope you keep enjoying your last week in France!
ReplyDelete