Monday, May 16, 2011

Normandy Ho!

And then our heroine and her progenitors head to Normandy where they:
-are graciously welcomed at 28bis
-get to meet the famed hotelier neighbor, Patrick
-eat moules frites and several pizzas from Chez Bertella and drink Calvados, cider and tons of Orangina
-play lots of Scrabble (well, two of them)
-visit Bayeux, MSM, and les plages du débarquement
-go round and round the roundabouts

And here's some photographic proof for you doubting Thomases out there.


Omaha Beach


Mom the Photog

The American Cemetery (yeah, I forgot to mention that we went back to the US--this little hunk of land is owned by us).


Bonjour petit minou!

Pointe du Hoc








Le Mont Saint Michel in the distance



The cloister

Mom and Dad enjoying crepes in Honfleur

The cool church in Honfleur that has ceilings in the form of ship bottoms

The marche in Honfleur

Honfleur street

And the lovely port

1 comment:

  1. So this basically recreates the trip I took to France in high school. Thanks for the flashback. Also, I think that church's roof was made from an old ship...I remember that from the tour. That would explain the roof shape :)

    ReplyDelete