Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Paris Photos

I'll try not to overwhelm you with photos, but I thought I should at least begin to share photos from Paris.  After all, I still have the visit to Normandy AND the International Imbroglio (aka my trip to Oxford) to regale you with.

Since I was left in charge of the trip planning, my parents' arrival in Paris was inaugurated with a pastry-filled picnic in front of les Invalides.  We were lucky enough to be accompanied by young Margaret.



Our lovely pain au raisin and its lovely model
In front of a famous Parisian monument.

Part of the fun of spring in Paris is getting to see all the couples taking wedding photos.  Here's one posing by the Seine.

We took a ride on a bateau mouche on our first day as a relaxing way to see more of the city.  I found it to be a great success, and my enjoyment was only augmented by my new best friend, pictured below.  I asked him how he was and he responded 4, but then clarified that before he was 3.  Too cute.

My kind visitors on the bateau.
Did you know that the Eiffel Tower twinkles for 5 minutes on the hour after 9 pm?

Pop and Mum
Dad with Notre Dame in the background

A park with black tulips on Ile de la Cite.
Sacre Coeur

The last remaining vineyard in Paris, located in Montmartre.  Apparently the neighborhood harvests the grapes together and the proceeds from the wine they make with them go to charity.
Obviously we had to celebrate our last morning in Paris with a trip to Secco for pastries!  The bread was for sandwiches for the train, but the three of us had no problems gobbling the other treats up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment